Student Obligation for Payment of Tuition and Fees
Forms of payment accepted:
- Cash if paid in person at time of registration.
- Personal check with student’s printed name on check. Third party checks are not accepted.
- Traveler’s checks.
- US postal money order.
- Bank (teller’s) check.
Students who fall into the following category will be financially obligated to the school regardless of attendance:
Students who remit payment for fees with a check that is returned unpaid (for any reason) become liable for the full amount of tuition and fees assessed by our bank. It is our policy not to charge any additional penalty or handling fees assessed by the school for returned checks. As of September 1, 2011, the fee for returned items is $20. In summary, students will be liable for the course tuition plus $20 for checks returned unpaid to our bank.
Tuition refunds will be granted after the following requirements have been met:
For cancellations made with MORE than 24 hours advanced notice:
A full refund will be issued to course registrants who notify the school at least twenty-four (24) hours before the start of a one-day (eight hour) course in writing via e-mail, letter or telephone of their desire or need to cancel a course reservation.
GENERAL REFUND SCHEDULE
Note: Courses can last for up to six days.
Eight Hour Pre-Assignment Course = One (1) day
Sixteen Hour On-the-Job Training Course = Two (2) days
Eight Hour Annual In-Service Course = One (1) day
Forty Seven Hour Course for Armed Security Guards = Six (6) days
Eight Hour Annual In-Service Course for Armed Security Guards = One (1) day
Drop at least one day prior to the start of the course (for eight hour and sixteen hour courses): 100% of tuition.
Drop during the first day of the course (for eight and sixteen hour courses): 75% of tuition.
Drop during second day of the course (for sixteen and forty-seven hour courses): 50% of tuition.
Drop during the third day of the course: 25% of tuition.
Drop after the third day of the course: NO REFUND*.
*Refunds will also not be issued in the following circumstances:
- For withdrawal without notice to the school administration.
- For withdrawal due to failure in complying with New York State mandated requirements.
- To students dismissed for disciplinary reasons.
- For students who take the course but do not pass it for any reason whatsoever including attendance and NO SHOW/NO CALLS without proper documentation of a valid emergency.
- Unless application for the refund is made within ninety (90) days after the end of course for which the tuition liability incurred.